The Company is committed to providing employees and customers a safe and healthy environment and continues to promote workplace safety prevention as well as establishing occupational safety and health work rules and occupational safety and health management plan, self-inspection plan, guidelines for worksite inspection, guidelines for occupational safety and health training in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Act and related regulations.
Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank have established an Occupational Safety and Health Committee (OSHC) in compliance to regulatory requirements, which is made up of seven to eleven members, consisting of employer representatives, labor representatives, and department heads. OSHC shall hold four meetings each year to review issues regarding occupational illness prevention, occupational safety and health management, employee health and work environment safety and regularly monitor the progress of these issues.
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries based on various indictors such as the type of work, work environment, age and gender and health risks to identify occupational risks with high occurrence rate and formulate prevention plan for these risks.
The measures for health management and occupational illness prevention are summarized as follows:
- Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries provide better routine health check-up for managerial staff and employees than the legal requirement and arrange for annual health check-up at National Taiwan University Hospital for managerial staff, health examination of specific items for employees working at night for long period, and health examination for all employees every two years. We also follow-up on employee health conditions and actively notify those who need to go back to the hospital for more in-depth or re-examination.
- Workload ailment prevention: Implement preventative measures after reviewing and analyzing the results of the regular health examination and exceptional workload risk assessment questionnaire.
- Ergonomic risk prevention: Conduct assessment based Nordic Musculoskeletal Questionnaire, organize musculoskeletal problem prevention courses and improve the working environment.
- Maternal health protection: Conduct environmental risk assessment. The maternal health assessment questionnaire is completed when an employee is known to be pregnant, which is followed by an assessment to identify if the current work has any impact on maternal health with the aim to provide maternity protection.
For general staff, the Company organizes occupational safety and health education and prevention plan online courses and conducts disaster prevention drills every year in compliance with the local regulations.
For employees in positions such as occupational safety and health officer, fire management personnel, security personnel, and first-aid personnel, training courses in occupational safety management, fire management, emergency first aid, and disaster prevention and earthquake drills are held every year to reduce the risk of occupational accidents, aiming to provide employees with a safe, healthy, and clean workplace.
The Company and its subsidiaries provide on-site health services by medical professionals in accordance with regulations, employ occupational safety and health managers, and dedicated nurses and contract medical doctor qualified to provide the required health services. Employees can receive professional medical consultations during working hours and understand their health conditions and any warning sign. In particular, the medical professionals can provide health care information and consultation services to those employees who are diagnosed with critical diseases or have abnormal figures on their health check-up results.
The Company organizes annual activities and provides health care information according to the employee average age and lifestyle at the workplace as well as findings from health examinations and various surveys including surveys to understand employees’ physical and mental health, food nutrition and how active are the employees.
The Company works with the Ministry of Health and Welfare and Sports Administration to actively promote a healthy workplace and conducts the following activities:
- Activities to promote health, occupational disease prevention measures (such as methods to ease soreness), management of the high blood pressure, blood glucose and blood cholesterol and maternal health protection as well as lectures on health education, fitness tests, sports protection and other activities.
- Healthy and nutritional diet programs, such as: one-day healthy meal challenge, smoking cessation class, program to increase employee’s physical activity", physical fitness weight management class as well as compile many health information materials, including easy reference material for mother-to-be, a manual on how to take care of your heart, and instructions on office stretching exercises to prevent soreness.
- Promote occupational safety and health protection measures, including prevention of workload disease prevention, maternal health protection, ergonomic risk prevention, and prevention measures to avoid the danger of life, body and health arising from his/her position and performing his/her duties as well as making the training material available online.
- By tracking employee’s performance in blood management and physical activity, the effectiveness of health promotion activities and occupational safety and health training courses, we aim to improve employee health as well as care for our employees, and further on perform our responsibility as a healthy corporate citizen.
The Company has placed the “no smoking” signs visible at all the entrances to protect employee and customer health in compliance to regulatory requirement, and furthermore, conducts carbon dioxide and lighting testing for the office environment every half a year in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Act, as well as received the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) certificate.
The Company and its subsidiaries have received numerous recognitions for our efforts in occupational safety, including:
- Healthy Workplace Certification from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Life)
- Certificate of Corporate Wellness from Sports Administration of Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life)
- Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Futures)
- Quality Breastfeeding Room Certification from Department of Health of Taipei City Government (Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life)
- Taipei Healthy Workplace (Yuanta Bank)
In 2019 Yuanta Bank and Yuanta Securities formally launched the program for ISO-45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems implementation to design the development of the overall occupational health and safety management, advance workplace safety and protect employee health.