Sustainable Management Outcomes
Selected as a constituent stock of both the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index
Rated “A” in the Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) ESG rankings.
Included in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI).
- For the fifth time, Yuanta Financial Holdings was ranked among the top 5%of listed companies in the Taiwan Stock Exchange’s Corporate Governance Evaluation. (Note: Results were announced in April 2020).
- Awarded Most Outstanding Company in Taiwan－Financial Sector by Asiamoney Magazine.
- Named Best Investor Relations Company (Taiwan), Asia’s Best CEO (Investor Relations) – President Tony Shen, and Asia’s Best CFO (Investor Relations) – CFO Hsu-Shu Mai by Corporate Governance Asia Magazine.
- Included in the FTSE4Good Emerging Index.
- Selected as a FTSE4Good TIP Taiwan ESG Index constituent stock.
- Received the Corporate Sustainability Report Gold Award in the Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- Received the Excellence in Sustainability Award from the British Standards Institution (BSI).
- Held a Group-wide blood drive for the ninth consecutive year during which 14,000 bags of blood were donated and we received the award for the fourth year running.
- The Company received Ministry of Education Sports Enterprise Certification. (Valid from 2019 to 2021)
- The Company were selected as Happy Enterprise in service industry by the 1111 Job Bank .
- The Mr. Yuanta APP received a total of six awards, including Best Product of the Year Award in the Ministry of Economic Affairs Industrial Development Bureau’s 2018 Digital Content Product Awards, Best Product Award from the National Brand Yushan Awards, and the Securities and Futures Institute’s Golden Goblet Award for Outstanding Financial Innovation.
- Yuanta’s Taiwan ESG Sustainability ETF was named Fund Launch of The Year in Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2020.
- Yuanta Futures received the Securities and Futures Institute’s Golden Goblet Award for Excellence in Employee Development.
- Yuanta Cultural and Educational Foundation received the Ministry of Education’s Contributions to Education Gold Award.
- Yuanta Cultural and Educational Foundation received the Sponsorship Silver Award at the Ministry of Culture’s Arts & Business Awards.
- For the first time, we were awarded a Leadership Band score of A- by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), the best result the Group has achieved. (Note: Results for the following year were announced in February 2020, and the Company received a Leadership Band score of A- for the second year in a row. We are in the top 7% of the 8,400 enterprises participating globally.)
- Taipei City Government’s Department of Environmental Protection awarded Yuanta Financial Holdings the Green Procurement Award for the ninth year running.
- Environmental Protection Administration of Taiwan’s Executive Yuan commended Yuanta Financial Holdings for our outstanding green procurement performance for the eighth year in a row.
- Yuanta Financial Holdings, Yuanta Bank, and Yuanta Life’s efforts to promote the Disabling Disposable and Melamine Tableware project were recognized by the Taipei City Government.
Commitment to energy savings and carbon reduction to ensure environmental sustainability
- The Group completed ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and ISO 14064-1 GHG Inventory verification for 100% of the organization. Eleven self-owned buildings received ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems certification.
- The Company implemented ISO 14046 Water Footprint assessment to evaluate our environmental impact on water resources and ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Guidance to promote sustainable sourcing.
- Purchased 500,000 kWh of green power for the fourth consecutive year.
- Green procurement expenditures totaled NT$125.56 million in our ninth consecutive year of implementing our green procurement plan (2011 to 2019).
- Held our first Supplier CSR Conference and revised supplier contracts to add a CSR clause.
Expand social participation and protect customer rights
- The employee engagement survey was expanded to cover both employees working in Taiwan and in six countries/regions abroad. A total of 11,148 employees responded to the survey for a participation rate of 86.88%. Employee satisfaction has risen for three consecutive years, which is the result of successful communication with our workforce. The survey results for 16 indicators lead our peers in the Taiwanese financial industry, while results for 14 indicators lead global high performers.
- Held 2,857 domestic training courses totaling 514,265 hours of training, which is an increase of 30,303 hours over last year.
- Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank officially launched the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems implementation plan to ensure a safe workplace for our employees.
- The Group held a total of 721 social service activities, which were attended by 2,812 volunteers who donated a total of 16,144 volunteer hours and benefitted 268,787 people throughout Taiwan.
- Yuanta Financial Holdings, Yuanta Bank, and Yuanta Life passed ISO 27001 certification (Yuanta Securities partially implemented the standard and passed certification) to effectively control the safety risks of customer information security.
- Subsidiaries have established Fair Dealing Committees or promotion teams and report policies regarding the fair and equitable treatment of customers and their implementation to the Board of Directors for approval.
Innovative financial products
- To provide the public with a green financial product platform and marketing services in a friendly digital environment, the Group has successfully applied for 31 patents. Our Mr. Yuanta APP’s interface design has received six design patents. Yuanta Bank has 12 utility model patents, which include an automatic rate updating system, facial recognition, financial investigation system, and automated financial voice system with sound input/output device. Yuanta Funds holds 12 patents and Yuanta Futures received a patent for an options trading system.
- The Mr. Yuanta APP was downloaded over 810,000 times and achieved 94% approval rating.
- Launched the Continuous Trading Virtual Platform synchronized with the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Accounts on the Yuanta platform reached 32,000 members who made a total of 2.44 million trades.
- Yuanta Securities has participated in six green bond issuances, with green bond underwriting reaching NT$7.236 billion.
- Yuanta Securities has issued green-energy linked warrant products, which have a 22.3% market share and have been the market leader for three years in a row.
- Yuanta Funds launched the Yuanta FTSE4Good TIP Taiwan ESG ETF, linked to the FTSE4Good TIP Taiwan ESG Index, on August 23, 2019. By the end of the year, the ETF was valued at NT$5.872 billion (the number of beneficiaries exceeded 46,000).
Strengthen corporate governance
- The Company established the Nominating Committee to strengthen functioning of the Board of Directors and management mechanisms.
- The Board of Directors held a total of 16 meetings with an attendance rate of 98%.
- Of the Group’s nine subsidiaries, seven have female directors or supervisors with a total of 16 women holding these positions.
- The climate risk identification survey was completed at the end of April to identify the risks and opportunities of the Group in response to climate change.