Sustainable Management Outcomes
|Selected as a constituent stock of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
3rd place in the world in the Diversified Financials industry group
|Selected as a constituent stock of the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index
for the 2nd consecutive year
|Rated "A" in the MSCI ESG Ratings
for the 2nd year in a row
|The 2nd Consecutive Year Included in the
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI)
- The 4th Consecutive Year｜FTSE4Good Emerging Index constituent stock
- The 3rd Consecutive Year｜FTSE4Good TIP Taiwan ESG Index constituent stock
- Taiwan Stock Exchange｜Ranked 6%-20% in the Corporate Governance Evaluation
- Taiwan Corporate Governance Association｜CG6012 (2019) Corporate Governance Framework Assessment Certificate with High Distinction(Valid for 25 December 2020-24 December 2022)
- Corporate Governance Asia Magazine｜
Asia's Best CEO (Investor Relations) – Chairman Tony Shen
Asia's Best CFO (Investor Relations) – CFO Hsu-Shu Mai
Best Investor Relations Professional – Executive Vice President Allen Wu
Best Investor Relations Company (Taiwan)
- The Asset Magazine｜ESG Corporate Awards - Platinum
- FinanceAsia Magazine｜Best Managed Company in Taiwan
- British Standards Institution (BSI)｜Sustainability Resilience Award - Pilot Award
- CommonWealth Magazine CSR Corporate Citizenship Award｜Large-Scale Enterprise New Star Award
- Wealth Magazine｜Special Jury Prize - Financial Holdings CSR Awards
- Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA)｜Corporate Sustainability Report Awards - Gold Award
- HR Asia｜Best Companies to Work for in Asia
- Global Views Magazine Corporate Social Responsibility Award｜Model Award in Education Promotion Group
- Ministry of Justice｜Group of Merit in Helping to Promote Rehabilitation and Protection
- Ministry of Education｜Education Sports Enterprise Certification
- Ministry of Education｜Promoted Youth Volunteer Service Merit Group in 2019
- Ministry of Education｜Crystal Award for Donations to Educational Institutions
- Ministry of Education｜Award for Donations to Educational Institutions
- Department of Health, Taipei City Government｜Outstanding Healthy Workplace－Specially Outstanding Award
- Taiwan Blood Services Foundation｜Outstanding Blood Donor Group for the 5th consecutive year
- The 10th Consecutive Year｜A Group-wide blood drive during which 19,000 bags of blood were donated
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)｜Leaped forward to a Leadership level score of A the best result the Group has achieved
- FinanceAsia Magazine｜Best Environmental Stewardship in Taiwan – No. 1
- Taipei City Government｜Benchmark Enterprise in Green Procurement for the 10th consecutive year
- Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan, Taiwan｜Outstanding Green Procurement Performance for the 9th consecutive year
Commitment to Energy Savings and Carbon Reduction to Ensure Environmental Sustainability
- The first integrated financial company in Taiwan to advocate the Science Based Target (SBT) and voluntarily comply with the requirements of the guidelines of the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF) to inventory and disclose the carbon emissions of its investment and financing portfolio.
- Followed the SBT guidelines to complete the setting of long-term carbon reduction targets in Category 1 and 2.
- The Group completed ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, ISO 14064-1 GHG Inventory verification, and ISO 14046 Water Footprint assessment for 100% of the organization. Ten self-owned buildings received ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems certification.
- Introduced the Internal Carbon Pricing (ICP) mechanism to evaluate the benefits of energy-saving and carbon-reduction projects with carbon prices to enhance carbon reduction actions.
- The first financial industry in Taiwan to sign a Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to transfer electricity supply to become the first 100% green power branches and subsidiaries.
- Purchased 510,000 kWh of green electricity, totaling 2.51 million kWh.
- Obtained ISO 20400 sustainable procurement verification and are promoting sustainable procurement.
- Green procurement expenditures totaled NT$83.85 million in our tenth consecutive year of implementing our green procurement plan.
- Held 3 supplier CSR conferences with 118 major suppliers participating.
Expanding Community Involvement; Protecting Customer Rights
- A total of 3,330 courses were held in Taiwan, with a total of 556,991 training hours, an increase of 16.6% over the previous year.
- Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank’s ISO 45001 occupational safety and health management system introduction project passed verification. The Company, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Futures initiated the implementation of ISO 45001 to ensure a safe workplace for employees.
- The Group held a total of 621 charity activities, with 2,039 volunteers participating and 9,019 volunteer hours devoted by the charity platform, benefiting 718,524 participants across Taiwan.
- Collaborated with convenience stores to launch Stimulus Charity Cash Cards to 7 social welfare organizations. Donations totaling NT$100,002,000 are expected to help 100,000 people in cooperation with seven social service providers.
- The Company and Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Funds, and Yuanta Futures (hereinafter referred to as the "five major subsidiaries") passed ISO 27001 certification to effectively control information security risks to customers.
- The customer satisfaction targets of our five major subsidiaries have all been achieved, with an overall customer satisfaction rate of 98.08%.
- The five subsidiaries have established fair treatment of customer offices responsible for reporting the implementation of fair treatment principles to the board of directors on a regular basis.
Innovative Financial Products
- The Group obtained a total of 26 patents and 9 trademarks.
- Account opening app launched by Yuanta Securities won The National Brand Yushan Awards Best Product Category.
- Yuanta Securities implemented an annuity stock purchase service, with 43,120 low-income salary earners (79,066 valid contracts) who have contracted to have money deducted from their accounts. 51% of the customers are under the age of 40.
- Yuanta Bank is fully committed to the development of digital finance, launching the Five-Year Plan for the Development of Emerging Technology Applications with an investment of nearly NT$100 million.
- Yuanta Bank joined the Equator Principles Association and signed the Equator Principles to implement responsible credit with international standards.
- Yuanta Life implemented microinsurance for injuries. Total coverage is NT$714,350, allowing more economically disadvantaged or specific groups to have access to affordable and highly guaranteed products.
- Yuanta Funds launched an annuity fund with nearly 55,000 individuals benefiting each year. It consists of over NT$4.8 billion and benefits low-income salary earners.
Strengthen Corporate Governance
- The Company has established an Information Security Department and the Chief Information Security Officer.
- The Board of Directors held a total of 13 meetings with an attendance rate of 99%.
- Of the Group’s 8 subsidiaries, 5 have female directors of the board or supervisors with a total of 14 women holding these positions.
- The Group conducted 4 in-house training courses for directors of the board in the year. The topics included "Risk Management Mechanisms in the Financial Industry from the Perspective of Losses in the Issuance of Warrants by Securities Firms", "Trends and Policy Developments in the Prevention of Money Laundering after the Third Round of Mutual Evaluation", "Financial Consumer Protection Law and the Fair Treatment Principle", and "Innovation, Virtualization and Openness - Changes in the Legal System of Financial Technology". In 2020, directors took an average 8 hours of class.
- The Group holds annual training course on "Integrity Management and Regulatory Compliance". The content includes customer and financial consumer data protection, stakeholder transactions, insider trading practices, merger and acquisition information disclosure, integrity of financial practitioners, ethics and legal responsibility, legal compliance resources, and whistleblower system. All employees (including new employees) attended the course and passed the test, with a total of 10,156 hours of training.
- The identification of the Group's climate risks and opportunities and the disclosure of the climate related risk management mechanism were completed in accordance with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).