Workplace safety and colleagues’ health are goals we strive to promote and maintain. In order to enhance the performance of occupational safety and health practices and promote labor-management harmony, we have established the Occupational Safety and Health Code of Practice, the Occupational Safety and Health Management Plan, the Self-Inspection Plan, the Operating Environment Test Implementation Guidelines, the Occupational Safety and Health Education and Training Measures, and Employee Health Protection Plans in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act and related sublaws, which have been approved by the chief executive officer and announced for implementation.
Yuanta Group introduced the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems in 2019. In 2021, Yuanta Financial Holding Company (FHC) and all its five major subsidiaries, namely, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Funds, and Yuanta Futures, were third-party certified by the British Standards Institution (BSI), laying a solid foundation for the Group’s health and safety standards in the workplace.
Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank have set up an Occupational Safety and Health Committee (OSHC) in compliance to regulatory requirements, which is made up of seven to eleven members, consisting of employer representatives, labor representatives, and department heads. At least one OSHC meeting is held every quarter to review issues regarding occupational illness prevention, employee health protection plans, and operating environment monitoring, and the progress of these issues is regularly monitored. Employees are encouraged to give feedback on occupational safety and health-related optimization suggestions through committees, labor-management meetings, and labor unions.
In addition, in order to build a workplace of gender equality and diversity and inclusion (DEI), to protect the human rights of colleagues in the workplace, and to respect the diversity of genders, Yuanta FHC has established Guidelines for Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention, Complaint, and Disciplinary Treatment, which strictly prohibits any form of discrimination, workplace harassment, and unlawful harm, and has set up a complaint channel and handling process. Yuanta FHC also conducts annual awareness and education training on gender equality and sexual harassment prevention to enhance the self-protection knowledge of our colleagues.
In order to implement the management and control of occupational safety and health, Yuanta FHC has established an executive organization with a division of authority and responsibility to continuously optimize the existing workplace safety culture promotion and risk control in response to the requirements and expectations of internal and external stakeholders. In terms of suppliers (including contractors), Yuanta FHC is committed to building a “green supply chain” and paying attention to global environmental protection and sustainable development issues, and attaches great importance to supplier safety and health standards. Yuanta FHC holds regular suppliers’ conferences to provide education, training, and communication channels, and institutes a Supplier Safety and Health Pledge to extend the safety management system and jointly improve corporate social responsibility and occupational safety and health management performance, in order to effectively prevent occupational hazards and maintain workplace safety and healthy and sustainable productivity.
To promote occupational illness prevention and health enhancement, Yuanta (FHC) and its subsidiaries ensure that the workplace can become a healthy workplace with peace of mind and nurture physically and mentally healthy employees. We implement a workplace health management program based on the public health three-stage, five-level concept and integrate the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion strategy to advocate workplace health promotion programs and provide a systematic and cyclical employee health protection plan on an ongoing basis.
The measures for workplace health management and occupational illness prevention are summarized as follows:：
- Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries provide better routine health checkups for managerial staff and employees than the legal requirement and arrange for annual health checkups at National Taiwan University Hospital for managerial staff, health examination of specific items for employees working at night for long period, and health examination for all colleagues every two years. We also offer health examination report consultation service after the health examination, take the initiative to care about the health condition of colleagues, and actively notify those who need to go back to the hospital for follow-up and re-examination.
- Workload ailment prevention: We integrate the analysis of annual health checkup results and abnormal workload risk identification assessment questionnaires for risk classification management, and then implement preventive measures and case management accordingly.
- Ergonomic risk prevention: We conduct assessment based on Nordic Musculoskeletal Questionnaire, organize musculoskeletal problem prevention courses, and provide advice to improve the working environment and habits in cooperation with the on-site clinical service physicians.
- Maternal health protection: We conduct comprehensive environmental risk assessment. The maternal health assessment questionnaire is completed when a colleague is known to be pregnant, which is followed by an assessment to identify if the current work environment and content have any impact on maternal health with the aim to ensure workplace safety and health for pregnant and maternity colleagues.
- Work fitness management for middle-aged and senior citizens: Registered nurses conduct case management based on employees’ personal health risks and workplace risk assessments, and regularly arrange on-site consultations with labor health service physicians to track medium- and high-risk colleagues, creating a supportive environment and effectively enhancing personal health skills.
- Prevention of unlawful harm in the performance of duties: We regularly conduct annual workplace hazard identification and risk assessment analysis, and hold regular seminars and activities to strengthen colleagues’ ability to cope with and reduce operational risks, and improve workplace operational safety.
- Key points for the implementation of operating environment measurement: In compliance with occupational safety and health regulations, we regularly conduct annual workplace environmental monitoring, hazard identification, and risk assessment analysis, and formulate relevant improvement plans to minimize the risks of our colleagues’ operations and improve workplace safety, and have been awarded the “Autonomous Air Quality Label.”
▲We regularly monitor and maintain our operating environment and air quality.
Yuanta Group is a financial services provider that relies heavily on human capital. In order to properly manage and maintain a high-quality workforce, in addition to regular education and training in accordance with the law, we also emphasize on education courses on occupational mental health, organizational communication, and interpersonal interaction. We are also focusing on the issues of workplace motherhood and health protection for middle-aged and senior workers, and have strengthened internal publicity to effectively respond to the related workplace health risks and hazards.
For general colleagues, we conduct annual occupational safety and health education and training for new and current employees, as well as online and physical training courses on the four major occupational safety and health prevention programs, and regularly conduct disaster prevention drills, in compliance with the local regulations.
For colleagues in positions such as occupational safety and health managers, fire management personnel, security personnel, and first-aid personnel, training courses in occupational safety management, fire management, emergency first aid, and disaster prevention and earthquake drills are held every year to reduce the risk of occupational accidents, aiming to provide employees with a safe, healthy, and clean workplace.
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries regularly analyze the proportion of abnormalities, screen out high-risk groups, and conduct actual interviews based on the average age of employees and their workplace sedentary lifestyles through a variety of methods, such as health checkups, physical and mental health questionnaires, surveys on the concept of a healthy diet, surveys on the amount of daily activity, and surveys on needs and expectations, in order to design annual activities and health education information on health promotion.Workplace Care Program for Recovered Infectious Disease Victims
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries in accordance with regulations provide on-site health consultation services by medical professionals. In addition to using the services offered by occupational safety and health managers, specialized registered nurses, and contracted specialized physicians, in response to the fact that the international community has been severely affected by infectious diseases in recent years, we have implemented the “Workplace Care Program for Recovered Infectious Disease Victims” internally in accordance with domestic public health policies, and have hired additional contracted Chinese medicine practitioners, family medicine practitioners, dietitians, psychologists, and physical therapists, to offer infected disease victims with one-on-one health guidance, and to proactively take care of colleagues who have resumed work after an infectious disease to alleviate their physical and mental symptoms, thus giving full play to the benefits of occupational health.
▲Chinese medicine consultation for Workplace Care Program for Recovered Infectious Disease Victims
Protecting Health ∞ Caring Sustainably
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries regularly provide “on-site services by statutory healthcare personnel” in accordance with the law, and strengthen the healthcare service channels for communication with employees by cultivating regional branches and offer one-on-one professional healthcare consultation and guidance. We also regularly hold “Appointment with Health” to arrange for colleagues free measurement of blood oxygen, blood pressure, weight, body fat, and other data, and provide personal daily health care advice through a registered nurse who synthesizes the common diseases in Taiwan and the top ten abnormalities in the employee health checkups, to promote preventive medicine and disease prevention and treatment, and to enhance the health awareness of colleagues, in order to achieve the purpose of health promotion in the workplace.
In addition, we have been cooperating with external organizations for a long time, actively integrating internal and external resources, and organizing the workplace health promotion activities of “Protecting Health ∞ Caring Sustainably” in the workplace. The combination of technology-based physical fitness, physical fitness counseling, personal nutrition counseling, psychological card counseling, metabolic syndrome and cancer screening, and other diversified services to cultivate a healthy workplace atmosphere, also demonstrates Yuanta FHC’s dedication to occupational health, employee care, and corporate sustainability.
▲Nutritional counseling of the workplace health promotion activities that integrate internal and external resources.
▲“Taiwan i Sports Certification” from Sports Administration of Taiwan’s Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Securities, and Yuanta Funds).
In addition to helping our colleagues master their physical conditions, we also focus on mental health issues. We have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a digital platform on our employee portal that consolidates the services provided by government agencies and nonprofit organizations, which builds an integrated service interface with five major themes, including “psychological counseling,” “legal counseling,” “medical prevention and treatment,” “care/other counseling,” and “self-assessment,” to guide colleagues to quickly find the information they need. We have further collaborated with non-profit professional psychological counseling organizations to introduce free counseling lines and one-on-one counseling sessions with psychologists to provide assistance on a variety of issues, including family, emotional, interpersonal, and legal aspects. With the help of professional staff, we are able to identify the root cause of the problem, which will help our colleagues to improve their problem solving skills.Age-Friendly Finance
In response to the aging of the community and workplace population, and in response to the “Dementia Action Plan” promoted by the Department of Health of the Taipei City Government and the Health Promotion Administration of Taiwan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare, and the interactive action care with the community network, Yuanta FHC has established a dementia-friendly community, arranging for the nation’s business locations to participate in dementia-friendly public awareness education and training in phases, with the completion rate of training reaching 100%, and has been certified by dementia-friendly organizations.
▲Age-friendly financial institution.
The Company and its subsidiaries have received numerous recognitions for our efforts in occupational safety, including:
- Healthy Workplace Certification from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Life)
- Yuanta FHC, together with Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Securities, and Yuanta Funds, actively participated in the “Taiwan i Sports Certification” events organized by Sports Administration of Ministry of Education
- Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace-Promotion from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Funds)
- Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace-Initiation from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta Securities Investment Consulting, Yuanta Securities Finance, Yuanta Venture Capital, Yuanta Asset Management Company, All 149 branches of the Yuanta Bank)
- Quality Breastfeeding Room Certification from Department of Health of Taipei City Government (Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Life)
- Yuanta FHC, together with Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Funds, continue to be certified under the “ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” in 2023
- In 2022, Yuanta FHC and Yuanta Futures were honored to receive the award for “Outstanding Enterprise with Sustainability Report Disclosure of Occupational Health and Safety Indicators” by Occupational Safety and Health Administration of Ministry of Labor
- 2021 National Healthy Workplace Award from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta Bank)
- 2020 Taipei Healthy Workplace - Special Merit Award (Yuanta FHC)
- Sports Calendar Points Competition First Runner-Up from Sports Administration of Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC)
- 2019 Taipei Healthy Workplace - Fourth Place (Yuanta Bank)
Yuanta FHC is committed to providing a safe, friendly, healthy, and secure working environment for its employees and continues to connect with the rest of the world. Yuanta FHC’s subsidiaries, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Funds have all adopted the international “ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems,” and successfully passed the third-party verification by the British Standards Institution (BSI) and obtained certificates.
In response to the changes in the international epidemic, Yuanta FHC and Yuanta Securities became the pioneers in Taiwan’s financial industry to implement the ISO 45005 (Occupational Health and Safety Management — General Guidelines for Safe Working during the COVID-19 Pandemic) to reduce the impact of the pandemic on workplace health and safety by establishing a systematic epidemic prevention management process. The system was also certified by BSI in January 2022, which is a testament to Yuanta Group’s continued commitment to providing a quality, healthy, and safe environment for all colleagues.
▲Yuanta FHC is the first company in Taiwan to implement the ISO 45005 (Occupational Health and Safety Management — General Guidelines for Safe Working during the COVID-19 Pandemic) and is the first company to pass the certification.
▲The first financial holding company in Taiwan’s financial industry to have its securities and banks certified at the same time under the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
▲Yuanta Securities is the first company in Taiwan’s securities industry to pass the “ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” certification.
▲In 2021, Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Funds passed “ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” certification.
▲Yuanta FHC and Yuanta Futures were both honored with the 2022 “Outstanding Enterprise Award” from Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Ministry of Labor, for promoting the development plan of sustainable health and safety in the workplace.
▲Yuanta Bank has been recognized for its outstanding performance in workplace health management by obtaining the “Taiwan i Sports” certification in 2022, the “National Healthy Workplace” and the “Outstanding Performance in Promotion of Quit-Smoking Services at the Workplace” awards in 2021, and the “Taipei City Healthy Workplace” award in 2019, among others.