Workplace safety and employee health are goals we strive to promote and maintain. In order to ensure a healthy and safe workplace environment and to facilitate communication between employers and employees, we have established the Occupational Safety and Health Code of Practice, the Occupational Safety and Health Management Plan, the Self-Inspection Plan, the Operating Environment Test Implementation Guidelines, and the Occupational Safety and Health Education and Training Measures in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act and related sublaws, and announced their implementation.
Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank have set up an Occupational Safety and Health Committee (OSHC) in compliance to regulatory requirements, which is made up of seven to eleven members, consisting of employer representatives, labor representatives, and department heads. At least one OSHC meeting is held every quarter to review issues regarding occupational illness prevention, occupational safety and health management, employee health, and work environment safety, and the progress of these issues is regularly monitored. Employees can also give feedback on occupational safety and health-related optimization suggestions through labor unions and labor-management meetings.
In addition, in order to build a gender-equal workplace and to protect the human rights of employees in the workplace, the Yuanta Financial Holding Company (FHC) has formulated measures to prevent sexual harassment, complaints and disciplinary actions, and any acts of sexual harassment, sex discrimination or violence, threats and intimidation are strictly prohibited. Publicity and education training on sexual harassment prevention are organized annually and regularly.
Suppliers, which also include contractors, are supported by the annual suppliers’ conference organized by Yuanta FHC to address the issue of sustainable development. Yuanta FHC at the same time provides training and communication channels for suppliers to jointly enhance workplace safety and corporate competitiveness.
To promote occupational illness prevention and health enhancement, Yuanta (FHC) and its subsidiaries ensure that the workplace can become a healthy workplace with peace of mind and nurture physically and mentally healthy employees. We implement a workplace health management program based on the public health three-stage, five-level concept and integrate the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion strategy to advocate workplace health promotion programs and provide a systematic and cyclical employee health protection plan on an ongoing basis.
The measures for workplace health management and occupational illness prevention are summarized as follows:
- Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries provide better routine health check-up for managerial staff and employees than the legal requirement and arrange for annual health check-up at National Taiwan University Hospital for managerial staff, health examination of specific items for employees working at night for long period, and health examination for all employees every two years. We also offer health examination report consultation service after the health examination, take the initiative to care about the health condition of employees, and actively notify those who need to go back to the hospital for follow-up and re-examination.
- Workload ailment prevention: Implement preventative measures and hierarchical management after reviewing and analyzing the results of the regular health examination and exceptional workload risk assessment questionnaire.
- Ergonomic risk prevention: Conduct assessment based on Nordic Musculoskeletal Questionnaire, organize musculoskeletal problem prevention courses, and provide advice to improve the working environment and habits in cooperation with the on-site clinical service physicians.
- Maternal health protection: Conduct environmental risk assessment. The maternal health assessment questionnaire is completed when an employee is known to be pregnant, which is followed by an assessment to identify if the current work environment and content have any impact on maternal health with the aim to ensure workplace safety and health for pregnant and maternity employees.
For general employees, we conduct annual occupational safety and health education and training for new and current employees, as well as online and physical training courses on the four major occupational safety and health prevention programs, and regularly conduct disaster prevention drills, in compliance with the local regulations.
For employees in positions such as occupational safety and health officer, fire management personnel, security personnel, and first-aid personnel, training courses in occupational safety management, fire management, emergency first aid, and disaster prevention and earthquake drills are held every year to reduce the risk of occupational accidents, aiming to provide employees with a safe, healthy, and clean workplace.
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries in accordance with regulations provide on-site health consultation services by medical professionals. In addition to using the services offered by occupational safety and health managers, specialized nurse practitioners, and contracted specialized physicians, employees can also have professional medical consultations during work hours, develop their personal skills, and enjoy a supportive environment. Furthermore, based on the analysis of common diseases and the top ten abnormal items of employee health checkups, Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries provide healthcare information and health consultation services to promote preventive medicine and disease prevention, strengthen employees’ health awareness, and achieve the purpose of healthy living and health promotion.
Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries regularly hold “Appointment with Health” to arrange for employees free measurement of blood oxygen, blood pressure, weight, body fat and other data, and to offer health education after their medical histories and health risks are consolidated by specialized nurses. Yuanta FHC and its subsidiaries also cooperate with the Sports Administration of Taiwan’s Ministry of Education to provide annual fitness tests and exercise prescription consultation services to enhance employees’ health awareness and keep abreast of health trends.
In addition to helping our colleagues master their physical conditions, we also focus on mental health issues. As early as 2020, we introduced the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which integrates various service resources provided by government agencies and non-profit organizations to build an integrated service interface with five major themes, including “psychological counseling,” “legal counseling,” “medical prevention and treatment,” “care/other counseling,” and “self-assessment,” to guide employees to quickly find the information they need.
Starting in 2021, we have further collaborated with non-profit professional psychological counseling organizations to introduce free counseling lines and one-on-one counseling sessions with psychologists to provide assistance on a variety of issues, including family, emotional, interpersonal, and legal aspects. With the help of professional staff, we are able to understand and empathize with emotions and identify the root cause of the problem, which will help our colleagues to improve their problem solving skills.
▲Provide on-site health consultation services by medical professionals
The Company organizes annual activities and provides health care information according to the employee average age and lifestyle at the workplace as well as findings from health examinations and various surveys including surveys to understand employees’ physical and mental health, food nutrition and how active are the employees.
Yuanta FHC integrates external resources such as government agencies and non-profit organizations of health to actively promote a healthy workplace and conducts the following activities:
- Activities to promote health, occupational disease prevention measures (such as methods to ease soreness), metabolic syndrome health risk management and maternal health protection as well as lectures on health education, fitness tests, sports protection and other activities.
- Healthy and nutritional diet programs, such as: one-day healthy meal challenge, Yuanta no-smoking year, program to increase employee’s physical activity, epidemic prevention weight management class as well as compile many health information materials, including easy reference material for mother-to-be, a manual on how to take care of your heart, and instructions on office stretching exercises to prevent soreness.
- Promote occupational safety and health protection measures, including prevention of workload disease prevention, maternal health protection, ergonomic risk prevention, and prevention measures to avoid the danger of life, body and health arising from his/her position and performing his/her duties as well as making the training material available online.
- In response to the aging population in the community and workplace, Yuanta FHC has responded to the “Dementia Action Plan” promoted by the Department of Health of the Taipei City Government and the Health Promotion Administration of the Ministry of Health and Welfare by establishing a dementia-friendly community through an interactive action care network with the community and arranging for business locations nationwide to participate in dementia-friendly public awareness training in phases. The completion rate of training reached 100%, and we were awarded the Dementia-Friendly Financial Certification Mark.
- By tracking employee’s performance in blood management and physical activity, the effectiveness of health promotion activities and occupational safety and health training courses, we aim to improve employee health as well as care for our employees, and further on perform our responsibility as a healthy corporate citizen.
▲Certificate of Corporate Wellness from Sports Administration of Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Funds)
The Company has placed the “no smoking” signs visible at all the entrances to protect employee and customer health in compliance to regulatory requirement, and furthermore, conducts carbon dioxide and lighting testing for the office environment every half a year in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Act, as well as received the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) certificate.
▲Regular monitoring and maintenance of operating environment and air quality
The Company and its subsidiaries have received numerous recognitions for our efforts in occupational safety, including:
- Healthy Workplace Certification from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Life)
- Certificate of Corporate Wellness from Sports Administration of Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Funds)
- Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace-Promotion from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Funds)
- Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace-Initiation from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta Securities Investment Consulting, Yuanta Securities Finance, Yuanta Venture Capital, Yuanta Asset Management Company, All 149 branches of the Yuanta Bank)
- Quality Breastfeeding Room Certification from Department of Health of Taipei City Government (Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life)
- 2019 Taipei Healthy Workplace-Fourth Place (Yuanta Bank)
- 2020 Taipei Healthy Workplace-Special Merit Award (Yuanta FHC)
- 2021 National Healthy Workplace Award from Ministry of Health and Welfare (Yuanta Bank)
- In 2020, Yuanta Securities and Yuanta Bank at the same time passed “ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” certification
- In 2021, Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Funds passed “ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” certification
Yuanta FHC is committed to providing a safe, friendly, healthy, and secure working environment for its employees and continues to connect with the rest of the world. Yuanta FHC’s subsidiaries, Yuanta Securities, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Life, Yuanta Futures, and Yuanta Funds have all adopted the international “ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems,” and successfully passed the third-party verification by the British Standards Institution (BSI) and obtained certificates.
In response to the changes in the international epidemic and to protect the safety of employees and customers, Yuanta FHC and Yuanta Securities have further become the first financial group in Taiwan to implement ISO 45005 (Occupational Health and Safety Management — General Guidelines for Safe Working during the COVID-19 Pandemic), which is expected to be certified by BSI in 2022, and will continue to provide the highest standard of workplace safety services to every employee.
▲Yuanta FHC is the first company in Taiwan to implement ISO 45005: 2020 (Occupational Health and Safety Management — General Guidelines for Safe Working during the COVID-19 Pandemic)
▲The first financial holding company in Taiwan’s financial industry to have its securities and banks certified at the same time under the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
▲Yuanta Securities is the first company in Taiwan’s securities industry to pass the “ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” certification.
▲Certificate of Corporate Wellness from Sports Administration of Ministry of Education (Yuanta FHC, Yuanta Bank, Yuanta Futures, Yuanta Life)
▲Yuanta Bank’s effectiveness in workplace health management has been recognized with the “2021 National Healthy Workplace Award,” “2021 Outstanding Performance in Promotion of Quit-Smoking Services at the Workplace,” and “2019 Taipei City Healthy Workplace Award.”